We often hear from logistics employers that people arrive for interview without the ‘work ready’ skills they are looking for.
In collaboration with leading logistics employers, Skills for Logistics has developed a Pre-Employment Training programme that delivers skills, training and opportunities for unemployed people looking for work in the sector. The programme is a structured two week training programme focusing on the knowledge, motivation, skills and confidence to get people ‘work-ready’ and into employment. The Programme includes:
- Focus on developing personal skills to gain employment
- Insights on how to find a worthwhile career with a logistics employer
- Organisation and administration skills working towards a Level 1 Qualification
- Workplace awareness and skills development
- One-to-one mentoring
- Practical work experience
- A guaranteed interview with an employer
At the end of the programme, candidates will be equipped with the skills that employers really need in their business, up to Level 1. All candidates are guaranteed a job interview with a logistics employer that could lead to a job, work placement or an apprenticeship and the potential of a long-term career in the Logistics Sector.
The Skills for Logistics Pre-Employment Training programme is open to anyone with the desire to build, develop and realise their career potential. Candidates must be 18 plus, unemployed and currently claiming benefits. Candidates can be referred by their local Job Centre.
For more information or to get involved, please contact us at: [email protected]