This resource has been developed with the explicit purpose of providing a basis for employers to develop or enhance their appraisal systems. This guide has a number of anticipated uses:
- To provide an overview of the National Occupational Standards
(NOS) their background, development, structure and uses.
- To link core job accountabilities to Performance Indicators (PIs, identifiable parameters through which the competence necessary for completing a job accountability can be measured), knowledge and to the National Occupational Standards.
- To use this competence link to inform the development and improvement of competence-based performance management systems.
- To facilitate the inclusion of key competencies in all job descriptions enabling staff to perform their roles effectively to specific performance criteria and to attain the relevant knowledge, behaviours and skills.
- To enable individual employees to develop their Individual Learning Plan (ILP)
A level of flexibility allows for the development or incorporation into individualised performance management systems. The link to NOS brings the added benefit of objectivity and alignment with national standards and benchmarks.
Click LogisticsHR to go to the website